The Decatur Area Convention & Visitors Bureau will help coordinate the details of your next meeting or convention from the initial site selection process to conducting after-convention reviews with you in anticipation of your next event.
The Convention & Visitors Bureau staff understands that hosting a meeting, big or small, takes a lot of work and planning. We offer the convenience of being your liaison between the many choices of sites and services available in the Decatur/Forsyth area. From the beginning stages, we will work with you, based on your requirements and budget, in obtaining bids and selecting the venues and services best-suited for your group.
We offer many services to help you make your meeting a successful and memorable event. When you book 25 or more room nights, the CVB will provide the following complimentary services:
- Registration assistants
- Visitors guides, area maps and handle bags for each of your attendees
- Badge holders and computer-generated name badges
- Total itinerary planning for tours, companion programs and extra events
- Publicity assistance
- Liaison services with your venues and/or hotel
- General planning assistance
- Coordinating room blocks from area hotels and motels, including multi-site housing
- Coordinating shuttle services for multi-hotel events
- Tour step-on guides
We will coordinate welcoming arrangements with local officials and arrange for local speakers, and we can help you plan interesting and exciting extras, such as tours and golf outings, for your attendees or for spouses and children.
The Convention & Visitors Bureau has years of experience matching the needs of planners to the full spectrum of meeting sites, banquet spaces, catering services and hospitality providers in our area. Whether you're expecting 25 or 2,500, Decatur/Forsyth offers many options from which to choose.
Year-round recreational activities - boating, water skiing, fishing, swimming, golf, jogging, bicycling, skateboard park, walking paths, tennis, bowling, sailing, ice skating, and cross country skiing - are available throughout the area. We can provide your group with a detailed listing of activities and events, as well as local shopping and antiquing areas, for leisure time.
The Convention & Visitors Bureau will be happy to arrange personalized package tours to a variety of local and area historical, cultural and recreational sites. Tour information is available for planners to consider for pre- or post-convention activities. We'll put you in touch with tour operators and step-on guides or schedule their services for you.
Decatur Conference Center & Hotel
4191 U.S. 36 West
- The largest conference center hotel between Chicago and St. Louis
- 370 guest rooms, on site restaurants & cocktail lounge
- Over 55,000 square feet of meeting, convention and trade show space, small meeting rooms & a large ballroom
- Executive learning center
- Indoor pool, sauna-whirlpool, and an NFL-approved fitness center
- A full sales and catering staff to help with everything for your meeting from water pitchers to 7-course meals.
Decatur Civic Center
1 Gary K. Anderson Plaza
- Theater that can accommodate up to 500
- Two meeting rooms, can each seat up 50
- 28,000 square-foot arena for sporting events, trade shows and banquets
- Upper lobby, capacity 200, for wedding receptions, banquets, reunions, and parties
Pride of the Prairie Complex
3700 N Westlawn Ave
One room available with measurements of 60' x 160'. Will hold 600 people. Contact the manager at 217.875.0135.
Richland Community College
One College Park
Richland Community College's Center for Business Training and Community Education offers the following:
- Shilling Auditorium seats 350. AV equipment is available at no charge.
- Shilling Salons are available for groups from 5-150. Half or full day rental available.
- Satellite Video Conferencing is also available.
Call 217.875.7211 ext 240 for scheduling and costs.
Progress City, USA
One College Park
Progress City, the biennial home of the International Farm Progress Show, can host large-scale outdoor events such as car shows, livestock shows, dog shows, RV and caravan rendezvous and more.
We welcome the opportunity to assist you with your next meeting or convention! We're happy to arrange FAM visits and accompany you on a site tour to help you in the selection process. Send us your RFP today, or click here to have someone contact you about your plans.
Need to get your thoughts organized? Click here to download and print our complimentary Meeting Planner's Checklist!